Here you will find answers to most questions that you may have about Popzup Popcorn Products. Please send us a message through our contacts page if you have any comments or questions that we may have missed. Thank you for visiting!
POPZUP POPCORN PRODUCTS
All Popzup Popcorn Products are Non-GMO and Gluten Free.
The Popzup Factory is a family owned and operated business in Dover, New Hampshire, where all Popzup Popcorn Products are manufactured. Popzup Popcorn Kernels are grown in Pennsylvania. All Popzup Popcorn Product ingredients are sourced in the USA.
POPZUP POPCORN SEASONINGS
Popzup Popcorn Seasonings Facts
- All our seasonings have clean labels – they are blended with only real, pure ingredients without fillers, flowing agents, flavor enhancers, or chemicals of any kind.
- Always keep the lid on when not in use to keep out moisture.
- Tap and shake if clumping occurs. We do not add flowing agents, like silicone dioxide.
- Popzup Popcorn Seasoning blends have a “pillow pack” inside to help absorb moisture and help to prevent clumping. KEEP FROM CHILDREN! Do not ever consume a pillow pack. You can collect pillow packs and put them places you wish to keep dry, like coat pockets and photo albums.
Popzup Popcorn Seasonings Ingredients
All Popzup Popcorn Seasonings are non-GMO & Gluten Free. All Seasonings are Vegan except Buttermilk Ranch, Pure Butter & Sea Salt, Pure Cheddar & Sea Salt, Salted Caramel & Smoked Caramel.
- Vermont Maple Popcorn Seasoning: Vermont Maple Sugar, Natural Brown Sugar, Pure Cane Sugar, Solar Evaporated Sea Salt, Cinnamon, Spice.
- Veggie Cheesie Popcorn Seasoning (previously called Cheesie Taco): DAIRY FREE – Nutritional Yeast (Dry Yeast, Niacin (B3), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (B6), Thiamine Hydrochloride (B-1), Riboflavin (B2), Folic Acid and Vitamin (B-12), Dill Weed, Solar Evaporated Sea Salt, Spice.
- Sweet Sriracha Chili Popcorn Seasoning: Sriracha Infused Solar Evaporated Sea Salt* (Sriracha red chili pepper, distilled vinegar, garlic, salt, spice, habanero pepper), Natural Brown Sugar, Pure Cane Sugar, Spice.
- Salted Caramel Popcorn Seasoning: Natural Brown Sugar, Pure Cane Sugar, Cultured Buttermilk (Skim Milk, Lactic Acid, Cultures), Solar Evaporated Sea Salt, Ground Vanilla Beans, Cinnamon, Spice.
- Applewood Maple Smoked Popcorn Seasoning: Vermont Maple Sugar, Natural Cane Sugar, Applewood Smoked Sea Salt, Spice.
- Smoked Caramel Popcorn Seasoning: Natural Brown Sugar, Pure Cane Sugar,Cultured Buttermilk (Skim Milk, Lactic Acid, Cultures), Smoked Sea Salt, Ground Vanilla Beans, Cinnamon, Spice.
- Buttermilk Ranch Popcorn Seasoning: Cultured Buttermilk (Skim Milk, Lactic Acid, Cultures), Dill Weed, Onion, Solar Evaporated Sea Salt, Garlic, Black Pepper, Spice.
- Everything Bagel Popcorn Seasoning: Poppy Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Solar Evaporated Sea Salt, Garlic, Onion, Black Pepper, Spice.
- Solar Dried Sea Salt Popcorn Seasoning: Solar Evaporated Sea Salt (dark specks are naturally occurring trace elements & minerals) which has a fresh, delicious, briny flavor.
- Real Butter & Sea Salt: Sweet Cream Butter, Non-Fat Milk Solids, Solar Dried Sea Salt.
- Real Cheddar & Sea Salt: Cheddar Cheese (Milk, Cheese Cultures, Enzymes), Whey, Buttermilk, Solar Dried Sea Salt.
The safe, new way to microwave popcorn that’s naturally delicious. Each Popzup Popper has everything you need to pop 12 large bags of microwave popcorn without chemicals, plastic, or silicone. It comes with 2 pounds of non-GMO popcorn kernels in 12 single batch pouches. The box that holds the popcorn kernels is the reusable microwave popcorn popper. After 12 uses just recycle or compost.
INSTRUCTIONS for using your Popzup Popper
Please read Important Facts & Warnings prior to use, following the instructions.ADDING KERNELS
- Open 1 popcorn kernel pouch
- Pour kernels into Popzup Popper
- Shake gently to evenly spread kernels
- Close top
- Place Popzup Popper on the edge of microwave rotating plate – not in the center (see the following Popzup Popper TIP’s for using microwave without a rotating plate).
- Set your microwave on high power. DO NOT USE POPCORN BUTTON.
- Popping time is between 1 ½-4 minutes. Every microwave will have a different perfect popping time.
- Turn off microwave when
- Dotted line appears as Popzup Pops Up
- Popping begins to slows down (do not wait until popping stops)
- Unpopped kernels are expected —– better to stop popping too soon than to burn your popcorn & Popzup Popper. Use less time if your popcorn is brown or burnt.
- All popcorn will burn! If your popcorn is brown or burned you left it in the microwave too long. Use less time for future popping.
- Use the cool popcorn handles to carry the Popzup Popper.
- Allow several minutes to cool before opening.
- The Popzup vents steam which makes big crunchy popcorn.
- Lock into expanded position-push in the 2 locking tabs on the front and back.
- Open and enjoy air popped popcorn.
- To add Popzup Popcorn Seasonings pour popcorn into a bowl, drizzle EVOO, coconut oil or butter, sprinkle with seasoning, toss and enjoy!
STOVE TOP INSTRUCTIONS
Popzup Popcorn can be popped on your stove top using the following instructions.
- Add 2 tablespoons of high heat popping oil (with a smoking temperature up to 400*) into to a 3-quart pot with lid.
- Gently tear a corner of 1 K-Pouch and add 3 popcorn kernels into the pot.
- Turn your burner on medium heat. When your popcorn kernels have popped, your oil had reached popping temperature. Add remaining popcorn kernels from the K-Pouch.
- When the kernels start popping, lift the covered pot off the heat & shake it.
- Place the pot on the heat for a few seconds. Take it off the heat & shake. Repeat until the popping slows. Remove pot from stove.
- Pour the popcorn into a large bowl. Drizzle EVOO, coconut oil or butter, sprinkle with Popzup Popcorn Seasoning, toss and enjoy!
Important Popzup Popper Facts and Warnings:
ABOUT THE POPZUP POPPER
- All popcorn will burn! If your popcorn is brown or burned then you left it in the microwave too long. Use less time for future popping.
- Do not use the “popcorn button” on your microwave oven.
- Open your Popzup Popper and lift out the shipping support (the cardboard with handle, holding the 12 popcorn kernels pouches). The shipping support is for shipping and storage only, and is not to be used in the Popzup Popper during popping.
- The Popzup Popper is intended for popping 12 times only. Please recycle or compost after 12 uses.
- The Popzup Popper comes with 2 square inserts. Leave 1 in the bottom, the 2nd is an extra that can be used as a replacement.
- Slight browning of your POPZUP POPPER is normal and will not affect its function.
- Store unused kernel pouches in your Popzup Popper for later use. Do not store in your refrigerator.
- Microwave must be clean from food and oil spills.
- Place Popzup Popper on the edge of microwave rotating plate (may not work without rotating plate).
- Unpopped kernels are expected- we add extra kernels so the popped popcorn always fill the Popzup Popper.
- Never add anything except POPZUP POPCORN kernels into your POPZUP POPPER (including water, oil, butter, seasonings or any kind of flavoring). Add all toppings in a separate bowl.
- Gently shake/tap out any left over popcorn before storing. Store in a cool and dry location.
- Popcorn coming through the bottom – the square insert inside on the bottom has been removed.
- Popcorn burning – this can be a result of leaving it too long in your microwave, using the microwave popcorn button, or putting your Popzup Popper in the middle of your microwave (it needs to move during popping). Please refer to Popzup Popper instructions.
- Popzup separating spilling popcorn – open from the top only. The Popzup Popper has locking tabs to keep the top and bottom locked in place during popping. If the parts become separated then the locking tabs may become disengaged.
- The Popzup Popper is intended for conventional microwave oven with rotating plate only. Not suitable to be used in convection microwave ovens or microwave ovens without a rotating plate.
- The Popzup Popper is intended for 12 uses only. Any of the above problems may occur if used more than 12 times.
- Popcorn is not suitable for infants or toddlers as popcorn kernels could create a choking hazard.
- Popcorn popped in any microwave creates steam and can burn – use extreme caution when removing from your microwave and opening your Popzup Popper.
- Overcooking and overuse may result in scorching or burning of your popcorn and may ruin your POPZUP POPPER. Do not reuse burnt POPZUP POPPER.
- Never leave the microwave unattended while popping – popcorn and Popzup Popper can burn and catch fire if overcooked.
- Use the popcorn handles to take the Popzup Popper out of the microwave after popping. Wait several minutes and open away from face.
Popzup Popper TIP’s
- Can the Popzup Popper be used in a microwave oven that does not have a rotating plate?
- Many Popzup customers have had success by moving it once during popping. Start by popping for 1 minute, stop your microwave and move your Popzup, then continue popping until you hear the popping begin to slow down.
- Always stop your microwave oven when you hear the popping begin to slow down.
- Every microwave has a different popping time based on size, age, and wattage. Popping for newer, 1000 watts+ microwaves is typically 1.5-2 .25 minutes. Older models may take as long as 3.5-4 minutes.
- If your popcorn begins to brown in the middle, then decrease your popping time for future batches.
- Slight browning in your Popzup Popper is normal.
- Unpopped kernels are always expected.
- After several uses you will find the best popping time for your oven.
ABOUT THE POPZUP POPPER
How is the Popzup Popper Different Than Other Microwave Popcorn Products?
- The Popzup Popping Box gets sterilized each time you make popcorn. “According to NASA, the moisture inside a popcorn kernel turns to steam at about 450°F before the kernel pops.” The standard sterilization temperature for food service utensils is 230°F to 275°F, well below the popping temperature. The box will also be clean because you only add kernels (no oils or seasonings). So at 450°F with each batch, the box is clean and sterile. The box will get a brownish color over time due to the steam.
- The Popzup Popper is a patented box that expands up (or POP-ZUP) as popcorn pops in the microwave and vents steam to keep popcorn crunchy.
- It DOES NOT contain plastic or silicone like microwave popcorn bowls.
- It DOES NOT contain chemicals, plastic, metal, and trans fat like conventional microwave popcorn.
- Popzup Air Popped Popcorn gives you freedom to choose the popcorn seasoning you want.
- It has a smaller carbon footprint than any other microwave popcorn and is earth friendly.
- The Popzup Popper is convenient for travel (hotel and campers), for the office, dorm room, and school UNLIKE an air popcorn machine.
- Each Popzup Popper weights 2 pounds and includes popcorn kernels and weighs 2 pounds. People are usually surprised how heavy it is!
- It pops the equivalent of 12 large conventional microwave bags, or 30 quarts (120 cups). That’s a lot of popcorn!
- Each Popzup Popper pops a total of 120 cups (30 quarts) of naturally delicious air popped popcorn.
- The Popzup Popper includes everything you need to pop 12 batches. There is nothing else you need to buy.
- The Popzup Popper is totally safe and chemical free.
- Conventional microwave bags have many proven health risks including harmful chemicals, plastic and/or metal susceptors, and trans fat. Chemicals added to protect the bag from the fat seeping through, to add butter flavor and smell. Susceptors used to super heat the solidified fat and/or oil. Trans fat or partially hydrogenated oil is a chemically altered oil that says solid at room temperature. (the blog post has more on this).
- The Danish Consumer Council THINK Chemicals tested the packaging of nine bags of microwave popcorn – found all of them contain substances hazardous to health. As a result “Denmark’s largest co-op retailer, Coop Denmark (revenue of 6 billion euros in 2014), pulled microwave popcorn from shelves, because they couldn’t find a supplier that didn’t use fluorinated chemicals in the packaging. Coop Denmark (they employ a corporate social responsibility consultant) identifies fluorinated chemicals as toxic endocrine disruptors.”-Mehmet Oz, M.D. is host of “The Dr. Oz Show,” and Mike Roizen, M.D. is Chief Wellness Officer and Chair of Wellness Institute at Cleveland Clinic.
- Unless your brown or white paper bags has a printed statement disclaiming “100% new virgin fiber”, it will contain some recycled content.
- When recycled paper is made, the chemicals, and metal & plastic fragments in recycled materials are not screened out – they are in the recycled paper bags. Just look in the recycled paper bin at your local recycling center to see what goes into recycled paper.
- “BPS is in 52 percent of recycled paper samples tested…BPS is similar to BPA in that it mimics estrogen, and can cause severe endocrine disruption as a result of repeated exposure. ” – Published in the ACS Journal of Environmental Science & Technology & Funded in part by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- “They (paper bags not specifically made for microwaving food) are not sanitary, may cause a fire, and can emit toxic fumes. Intense heat may cause a bag to ignite, causing a fire in the oven. The ink, glue, and recycled materials in paper bags can emit toxic fumes when they are exposed to heat. – USDA
- “The Popcorn Board suggests consumers refrain from using plain or recycled paper bags (brown or white) to pop popcorn in a microwave. Plain and/or recycled papers are often made from unknown materials that could catch fire, interfere with microwave cooking technology and lessen the performance and longevity of a microwave oven. Most importantly, these unknown materials most likely are not approved as food grade papers, and should not come in direct contact with food products.”
- “Never use recycled paper in microwave ovens unless they are specifically approved for microwave use. Recycled products including paper towels have minute metal flecks; these can cause sparks and even flames.” – Fire & Rescue NSW
- NON-GMO – Our popcorn kernels non-GMO and are grown in the USA from seeds that are certified GMO free.
- SUSTAINABLY GROWN – Popzup Popcorn comes from Reist Popcorn Company, a sustainably operated, 4th generation owned family farm in Pennsylvania.
- VIRGIN PAPERBOARD – Popzup Popper paperboard is made from new, virgin paperboard without recycled or bleached content, coatings or liners.
- VEGETABLE INKS – Popzup Popper is printed with vegetable based, food grade inks.
- MADE IN USA – All materials, manufacturing, farming, and assembly is done in the USA. The paperboard is milled in Kapstone Mill in South Carolina, the Popzup Poppers are printed and cut at Hub Folding Box in Massachusetts, the popcorn comes from Reist Popcorn Company in Pennsylvania, and we assemble the Popzups in New Hampshire.
- REUSABLE – One Popzup Popper pops the equivalent of 12 conventional microwave popcorn bags without the waste, chemicals and trans fat. It includes everything you need to pop 12 large batches of air popped popcorn (each Popzup Popper contain 12 kernel pouches which pops 10 cups each (120 cups total).
- COMPOSTABLE & RECYCLABLE – Just recycle or compost your Popzup Popper after 12 uses.
- RECYCLE #4 – The poly pouches holding the popcorn kernels are #4 recyclable.
- Why is Popzup Popcorn a Healthy Snack Option?
- Popzup Popcorn meets the nutritional criteria for school snacks under the 2014 Smarts Snacks in Schools Standards.
- Popzup Air Popped Popcorn meet the Weight Watchers Power Foods List Standards.
- Popzup Popcorn has 31 calories per cup, high fiber and antioxidants, whole grain, and cholesterol free.
- Our air popped popcorn puts you in control – enjoy Popzup’s naturally delicious air popped popcorn or any Popzup Popcorn Seasoning that your in the mood for.
- REFERENCE RESOURCES:
- Microwave Popcorn Wrapped in Harmful Substances
- Science and Technology Committee Newsletter
- Science Daily
- Natural News
- Fire & Rescue NSW