Very easy to prepare.
Total time: 2-2¼ hour; 30-40 hour to prep & cook, and 1-1/2 hour to cool.
1-batch Popzup Popper Popcorn (10 cups air popped)
10-12 small caramels
1-tablespoon cream or ½ & ½
½ cup raw cashews, coarsely chopped
4-5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
2-3 pinches sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300*.
- Spread air popped popcorn on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (push popcorn toward the center so there is as little space between popcorn as possible).
- Place caramels and cream in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave 10 seconds at a time, until it drips in a thin stream.
- Drip ½ caramel evenly over the popcorn kernel, sprinkle cashews evenly on popcorn, drip remaining caramel onto popcorn.
- Bake the popcorn 25 minutes.
- When there is 5 minutes popcorn baking time remaining, start microwaving chocolate for 10 seconds at a time, stirring in between. Chocolate retains its heat so only microwave until warm and then let the chocolate continue to melt while stirring until smooth.
- Just after you take your popcorn out of the oven, drip chocolate off the tip of the knife, moving quickly back and forth from one side to the other, to create a lacy pattern.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Leave at room temperature until the chocolate is firm to touch (1-1/2 hours).
- Break into yummy clusters.
- Enjoy or save in an airtight container for later.