More time to love! We perfected this classic combo and made it easy peasy by melting caramels and dark chocolate in the microwave.
Easy to prepare: Total time 1 1/2 hours, takes ½ hour to prepare and 1 hour to set.
This recipe is Popzup Popper Kitchen tested!
- 1-batch Popzup Air Popped Popcorn or 10 cups air popped popcorn
- 6-ounce good quality caramels
- 3-tablespoon cream or ½ and ½
- 3-ounce quality Belgium or Swiss dark chocolate *
- 1/2 teaspoon Popzup Solar Dried Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 300*.
- Spread Popzup Popcorn on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper (push popcorn toward the center so there is little space between kernels).
- Place caramels and cream in a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave slowly, 5-10 seconds at a time, until it’s runny. Stir between microwaving.
- Using the tip of a butter knife, drip caramel evenly over the popcorn. If the caramel become thick just microwave again.
- Bake the popcorn on the parchment paper for 20 minutes.
- While the popcorn is in the oven, chop chocolate into 5 or 6 pieces and place into a small microwave safe bowl. When there is 2-3 minutes baking time remaining, start microwaving the chocolate just like you did with the caramel. Only this time stir at least 10-15 seconds each time you take it out of the microwave. Chocolate retains it’s heat so stirring it will melt remaining chucks-it is very important not to overcook your chocolate or it will separate. Melt only until smooth.
- Just after you take your popcorn out of the oven, use the tip of a butter knife to drip chocolate over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle with Popzup Pure Ocean Sea Salt Popcorn Flakes.
- Leave at room temperature until the chocolate is firm to touch, about 1 hour.
- Break into yummy clusters and enjoy!